Andrew advises all types of built environment stakeholders on their real estate solutions and objectives. He is passionate about providing effective legal advice to help build communities in which people want to live, work and play.
Having particular expertise in investment portfolio transactions, mixed use development and regeneration driven projects Andrew structures acquisitions, site assembly, funding, joint ventures or other profit sharing arrangements and exit strategies.
Andrew is regarded as a leading individual for real estate matters in the independent legal guide, Legal 500.
Andrew has a particular specialism in hospitality or residentially led development and regeneration projects (especially in the purpose built student accommodation and build to rent sectors) but advises across a number of sectors, including industrial and retail. He advises a full range of businesses from large international plc's, off-shore funds, funders, through to private developers, investors and individuals.
- Acting for an offshore based investment fund listed on the Channel Islands Stock Exchange in connection with the £417m disposal of a portfolio of purpose built student accommodation based across the UK to an Asian based Sovereign Wealth Fund.
- Acting for New Era Developments and its Chinese investors on the funding of the development of New Era Square. This major development – a new Chinatown for Sheffield – comprises student accommodation, leisure and retail space, a commercial office building housing a new China-UK business incubator and a new public square for the city.
- Advising an offshore trust in connection with their acquisition of a Town Centre Shopping Centre and wider regeneration strategy of the town centre in conjunction with the local authority.
- Acting over a number of years for an offshore student accommodation fund to acquire a portfolio of over 6,000 beds spread across 27 assets, dealing with the asset's development, refurbishment and management platforms, taking to market and then delivering its exit strategy.
- Acting for Arora Group on a number of major hotel financings, including the financing for the acquisition of the Gatwick Hilton, development funding for two hotels at Heathrow Airport and the financing of the development of a new 5 star hotel in Windsor.
- Acting for an offshore investment fund in connection with a £135m debt facility with a syndicate of lenders across part of its portfolio.
- Advising the development partner in relation to the Durham Gate project, the largest mixed use regeneration scheme in the North East of England, incorporating commercial, office, leisure and housing.
- Acting for numerous PBSA and BTR developers in their land acquisitions, planning promotions, development finance or forward funding, construction programmes and operating models for delivery and self-management of assets.