He has experience in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions including development and regeneration work, purchase, sale and management of investment properties for both UK and overseas investors, advice on landlord and tenant matters and letting of offices, shops and industrial units.
John has acted on projects for property companies such as Grainger plc, Helical plc, Frogmore, Skanska, CDP Developments Limited and London & Oriental and for local authorities including Bedford Borough Council and Spelthorne Borough Council.
John Pearce is our relationship partner. He is an excellent lawyer technically and combines this with commerciality, common sense, and responsiveness. He is always prepared to discuss matters with you and give you his opinion rather than just simply handing down advice.
Legal 500 UK 2022.
- Acting for Grainger plc on its development partnership with the MoD in relation to the disposal of former barracks at Aldershot on a site that will create 3,500 homes
- Acting for Grainger plc on its redevelopment of the Ward's Corner site, Tottenham, a site above Seven Sisters underground station
- Acting for Grainger plc on its partnership agreement with Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea for the residential development of seven sites within the borough.
- Acting for Bedford Borough Council on the regeneration of the riverside north site, Bedford
- Acting for Skanska on its development partnership with the MoD in relation to the disposal of the Deepcut Barracks
- Acting for Helical plc on its purchase and lease back of a major building in London
- Acting for Helical plc on a portfolio purchase of 13 retail and industrial properties
- Acting for a developer on the development of a mixed use scheme at Castle Lane, Bedford comprising over 100 flats and 11 commercial units
- Acting for a developer on the development of a mixed use scheme in Dunstable comprising a theatre and 6 commercial units
- Acting for a fund on a forward purchase of a mixed use scheme in Oxfordshire at a value of GBP 38 million
- Acting for a developer on the redevelopment and forward sale of a shopping centre in Peterborough
- Advising on the investment purchase of an office building in London with a value of over GBP 100 million