Luis is based in Madrid as a Partner in the Global Projects & Construction group, and is in charge for the international business of the Spanish contractors operating in other jurisdictions through the Clyde & Co international network. In this role, he will work with Spanish contractors operating in or looking to enter foreign markets.
Prior to joining Clyde & Co, Luis was with the Spanish infrastructure company Ferrovial and Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles S.A. (CAF), a Spanish rolling stock manufacturer, where he was part of the in house international legal team. He has particular experience in delivering legal advice on a number of significant mass transport projects. Since 2006, Luis' work has been particularly focused on Asia, the Middle East and South America.
Luis holds Bachelor of Law, as well as a LL.M and a PhD in Politics, International Relations and Administration Science with a line of research focused on the GCC countries and the Middle East region. Luis is also Associated Professor of International Trade at the Complutense University of Madrid (UCM) since 2014, as well as regular lecturer in different Master programs at the UCM and the ICEX.
- Bridge project, Australia – Advising on the D&B project for the design and construction of the new bridge over the Hardwood River for Road and Maritime Service in New South Wales.
- Highway project, Saudi Arabia – Advising on the D&B project for the design and build of a highway for the Ministry of Transport in Abu Bakr.
- Rail project, USA – Advising on the contract for the supply of 130 high speed cars for passengers for AMTRACK, USA.
- Metro rail project, India – Advising on the BOOT project for the design, construction, commissioning, operating and maintenance of the Delhi Metro express link between the international airport of Delhi to the City, including the supply of 10 metro express units to Delhi Airport Express Link Pvt. Ltd. (DAMEPL) plus maintenance.
- Desalination plant PPP, Oman – Advising on the PPP for the design, build, O&M of a new desalination plant for Muscat City Desalination Company (MCDC) and OPWP in Al-Ghubrah.
- Tram project, UK – Advising on the Turnkey project for the design, build and supply of the new tram line in the City of Edinburgh, Scotland, including the supply of 27 trams, plus maintenance.
- Metro rail project, Turkey – Advising on the contract for the supply of 20 heavy metro units for the City of Istanbul.
- PPP rail project, Brazil – Advising on the PPP project to supply of 27 commuter trains, comprising of 4 cars each, for the Companhia Paulista de Trens Metropolitanos (CPTM), Municipality of Sao Paulo, plus 30 years maintenance and additional services.
- Rail project, Saudi Arabia – Advising on the contract for the supply of 9 high speed diesel locos plus 39 cars for Saudi Arabian Railways (SAR) in Riyadh, plus maintenance.
- Construction and rail project, Asia Pacific – Advising on the turnkey project for the design, build and supply of the new tram line in the City of Kaohsiung, Taiwan (ROC), including the supply of 9 trams plus maintenance.