Katelin O’Rourke Gorman counsels US and London insurers on matters involving public company, private company and not-for-profit directors and officers (D&O) liability policies throughout North America and Europe. She has experience in both US and cross-border claims concerning alleged Securities Act of 1933 and Securities Exchange Act of 1934 violations, shareholder derivative suits and governmental (SEC, DOJ and SFO) investigations.
In the wake of COVID-19, Katelin has also expanded her practice to advise and represent London market and domestic insurers on key coverage issues related to 1st and 3rd party notifications stemming from the pandemic. She also represents insurers with respect to employment practices liability (EPL) matters, including alleged New York Human Rights Law violations, and US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission claims. Katelin often represents insurers at mediation and in both state and federal court litigation.
Earlier in her career, Katelin clerked for the Hon. Charles L. Brieant, Jr. of the US District Court for the Southern District of New York and interned for the Hon. John F. Keenan, US District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- New York
- US District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- J.D., New York Law School, 2005
- B.A., Boston College, 2001
- New York City Bar Association’s Diversity Pipeline Initiatives Subcommittee, High School, past co-chair
- Judge Charles L. Brieant Community Center in Westchester County, New York, committee member
- Speaker, "The Intersection of D&O and EPL Coverage: Latest Trends," ACE USA, Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania, May 2015
- Panelist and mentor, Thurgood Marshall Summer Law Internship Program, New York, August 2013 – present
- Speaker, “Spotlight on Legal Careers,” New York University, March 2013
- Panelist, NY Women’s Forum, Brooklyn Law School’s Legal Association for Women (LAW), New York, February 2013
- Panelist and coach, Fordham Law/New York City Bar Association Annual Mentor Negotiation Competition, New York, December 2012 – present
- Co-author of US Chapter, Directors’ Liability and Indemnification: A Global Guide, Globe Business Publishing Ltd., London, 3rd Edition, 2016
- Contributor, Directors & Officers Liability Insurance Deskbook, American Bar Association, 4th Edition, 2016
- Contributor, Directors & Officers Liability Insurance Deskbook, American Bar Association, 3rd Edition, 2011 release
- Author, “Second Circuit Opens the Door to Allow Securities Fraud Claims Against Corporate Entity Defendants Even if Corporate Executives Have Not Been Named,” Professional Liability Underwriting Society Journal, Issue XXI, Volume 11, November 2008