Dean is a partner in the firm's banking and finance group. Dean has extensive experience in real estate finance, asset based lending, leveraged/acquisition finance, corporate banking and debt restructurings. He advises lenders, borrowers and investors on UK and cross border transactions. Prior to joining Clyde & Co Dean spent his career at leading national and international law firms.
Dean is recognised as a leading individual for banking and finance in independent legal guides Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners.
"Clients appreciate Dean's 'sound commercial advice, approachable manner and solid experience'" Chambers and Partners, 2020
"'[Dean is] excellent', 'Great knowledge of the ABL market'" Legal 500, 2020
- Acting for Arora Group on acquisition of the Gatwick Hilton, development funding for two hotels at Heathrow Airport and the financing of the development of a new 5 star hotel in Windsor
- Acting for Select Property/Vita Group on development financings of new student accommodation buildings, including advising on senior and mezzanine funding for the development of a project in Leeds
- Acting for ThinCats on the provision of acquisition finance facilities on a number of transactions, including the MBO of Knowsley Contractors Limited, backed by NVM Private Equity
- Acting for New Era Developments and its Chinese investors on the funding of the development of New Era Square, Sheffield, a major mixed used scheme providing a new Chinatown for Sheffield
- Advising Lloyds Bank plc on the provision of £80m revolving credit facilities to leading housebuilder MJ Gleeson plc
- Advising Rothschild & Co as arranger, facility agent and security agent and the lenders on a number of investment property facilities
- Advising Shawbrook Bank on a number of transactions, including the invoice finance and inventory facilities made available for the MBO of Advanced Alloy Services Limited
- Advising Lloyds Bank Commercial Finance on the provision of asset based lending facilities for the MBO of ELE Advanced Technologies Limited, backed by LDC
- Advising Greater Manchester Pension Fund on transactions including the financing of modular residential developments by Urban Splash and a PRS development by Rowlinson Construction
- Advising a leading UK University on the £105m senior debt facilities provided by UK clearing banks for the purposes of refinancing existing facilities and the further development of the University's estate