Carrie Chen is the resident partner with Clyde & Co Westlink JLV. Before founding Westlink Partnership in 2007, Carrie was a partner of a boutique Chongqing law firm and worked in the Hong Kong and London offices of an international law firm where she gained tremendous corporate and commercial experience working with local and international clients. Carrie was previously selected by the China Law Council to participate in the prestigious Lord Chancellor’s Training Scheme for Young Chinese Lawyers in London as one of China’s representatives.
Carrie is also an arbitrator of the China Chongqing Liangjiang International Arbitration Center.
Carrie is via Westlink Partnership, qualified to practice in China and speaks fluent Chinese and English.
- Chongqing Tap Water Company – Advising Chongqing Tap Water Company in relation to the acquisition of one of its subsidiaries by Kemira Chemicals, a Helsinki-based company, and the setup of a PRC joint venture with Kemira chemicals
- Lafarge Chongqing – Acquisitions of Lafarge’s assets in Chongqing
- Denso (China) Investment Co. Ltd – Capital increase into Denso Chongqing by a domestic company and changing Denso Chongqing from a WOFE into a JV since its establishment in Chongqing more than 10 years ago
- Tosen Small Loan Company - Advising on the establishment of the company, its subsequent capital increase and preparation for listing on HKEX
- Shenzhen Anke Hi-tech Co., Ltd – Advising on the buyout of the company’s foreign shareholder, Analogic Corporation, a Nasdaq listed US company
- Chongqing Tap Water Company – Advising on the integration and restructuring of the client's ancillary business
- Fullshare Industrial Holding Group - Advising on the joint venture with Magnetica Ltd, an Australian company, and on the acquisition of Magnetica Hong Kong in line with the company’s further expansion into the medical equipment sector
- Fullshare Property – Advising Fullshare Property on the acquisition of a Chongqing real estate JV invested by a US fund Century Bridge
- Nanjing Dongtai Real Estate Company – Capital injection by an HK fund
- AEMC Chongqing – Advising on the establishment of a representative office by AMEC Engineering and Consulting Shanghai Co. Ltd