Glen has extensive experience drafting and negotiating complex construction and mining contracts in Australia, the Middle East and Asia. He also has considerable dispute resolution experience, including in claims management, mediation, expert determination, litigation and arbitration. He has recently acted on a number of high profile construction disputes and mining related arbitrations in Western Australia.
Between January 2009 and January 2011, Glen worked for Clyde & Co based in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. During this time, he acted for a United Arab Emirates government entity on the Dubai Metro dispute, probably the largest construction dispute in the world at that time. Glen divides his time between Sydney and Perth.
Glen Warwick is listed as a Leading Construction & Infrastructure Litigation Lawyer –
WA 2021 by Doyle's Guide.
- Social Infrastructure Dispute – Acting for the main contractor in a number of disputes arising out of the construction of a large public hospital in Western Australia including providing strategic advice in relation to ongoing contractual administration and claims management. The dispute has involved expert determinations, rolling adjudication applications and proceedings in the Supreme Court of Western Australia, the Federal Court of Australia and a domestic arbitration
- Mining Dispute – Acting for the Australian subsidiary of a multinational contractor in the energy sector on a mining mega-project in Australia in disputes including international and domestic commercial arbitrations and proceedings in the WA Supreme Court and Court of Appeal for interlocutory and injunctive relief
- Mining Dispute – Advising a mining services contractor in relation to a dispute arising out of construction for a large iron ore project in Western Australia and settling the matter prior to international arbitration
- Offshore Marine Dispute – Advising an international contractor in relation to disputes arising out of the construction of a subsea pipeline and associated plant and infrastructure including adjudications under the Construction Contracts Act 2004 (WA) and the escalation of those disputes to international arbitration in London under the ICC Rules
- Public Infrastructure Dispute – Acting for the main contractor in relation to various disputes arising out of the construction of the iconic Elizabeth Quay project in Perth including proceedings in Supreme Court of Western Australia and an ACICA fast track arbitration
- Public Infrastructure Dispute – Acting for a large contractor on a dispute with its subcontractor, Civmec, in relation to multiple claims arising out of the construction of the new Perth Stadium
- Rail Maintenance Dispute – Advising a rail maintenance contractor in relation to Supreme Court proceedings regarding claims for damage and destruction of rail wagons, loss of iron ore freight and associated pure economic loss by a Western Australian iron ore miner arising out of a freight derailment
- Dredging Dispute – Acting for a dredger in relation to a dispute with a major iron ore producer regarding dredging and reclamation work in Port Hedland, Western Australia
- Public Infrastructure Project – Advising a major global contractor in relation to the contracting strategy for a large intermodal rail hub in New South Wales
- Public Infrastructure Road Project – Acting for two joint venture contractors as head contractor and preparing a full suite of supply chain agreements for the Northlink WA Stage 2 project with the Government of Western Australia (Main Roads)
- Rail Junction Project – Acting for a global contractor in relation to drafting a project supply chain suite of documents for use on the Torrens Rail Junction Project in South Australia
- Mining Projects – Acting for top-tier contractor relating to various mining projects in Western Australia
- Mining Rail Project – Acting for a joint venture in its tender for the mine-to-port rail package for the Roy Hill project in the Pilbara region of Western Australia
- Renewable Energy Projects – Acting for a renewable energy contractor in negotiating and drafting design and construct, supply and install, and operation and maintenance contracts for various wind farms in Australia
- Gas Turbine Project – Acting for energy provider in relation to the preparation of an EPC contract for a major gas turbine project
- Processing Plant Project – Acting for a United Arab Emirates (UAE) government entity in relation to the preparation of a design, construction, operation and maintenance contract for a major processing plant