Danielle's practice covers contentious matters for corporate entities, financial institutions, investment managers and high net worth individuals based in the UK, Europe, the US, Asia and elsewhere.
Danielle's recent experience includes advising and defending a major US bank against a USD 35 million claim, acting for construction companies in relation to disputes involving high profile building projects, representing a major publishing house and acting for a working group of major international banks and investment funds in relation to claims arising out of the restructuring of an emerging markets bank.
- Advising and defending a major US bank against a USD 35 million claim arising from the investment of cash collateral, pursuant to a securities lending programme, in notes issued by the Structured Investment Vehicle Sigma. The matter resulted in a six-week trial in the Commercial Court in London
- Advising construction clients in relation to disputes regarding high profile building projects.
- Representing a working group of major international banks and investment funds in relation to claims for hundreds of millions of dollars arising from the restructuring of an emerging markets bank
- Defending a global publishing house against substantial claims brought against it by one of its authors
- Advising the New York office of a US investment bank and a UK based fund, in which it is a major shareholder, in claims against another US investment bank arising from the sale of Venezuelan oil warrants
- Acting for a Russian company in liquidation in the UK against various high net worth individuals; and a related company on a claim for in excess of USD 2 billion in High Court litigation
- Acting for a major private equity house in relation to a dispute with a US investment bank regarding the financing of a multi-billion pound takeover
- Advising a UK based company in a dispute with a multinational conglomerate in relation to claims arising out of an ongoing contractual relationship
- Representing The Republic of Slovenia in the context of the liquidation of AY Bank, (the former Anglo-Yugoslav joint venture bank) in disputes with the other successor states (such as Serbia and Croatia), including in legal proceedings before the English court
- Advising a UK company on a dispute concerning the terms of a series of ongoing contracts with a contractual counterparty