Rosie's main practice comprises of advising policyholders, insurers and reinsurers, and intermediaries on all aspects of insurance and reinsurance dispute resolution (coverage, defence and subrogated claims). In particular, she advises on financial lines (D&O, professional indemnity, commercial crime, fidelity, employment practice liability), product liability, property damage/business interruption, construction-related insurance and specialty lines of business. She also advises on policy wordings and product development.
Rosie is a highly experienced commercial litigator handling high value, complex, cross-border commercial disputes ranging from regulatory defence work , white collar crime and shareholder/joint venture disputes to corporate insolvency matters.
She also has in-depth experience in both contentious and non-contentious employment matters, acting primarily for employers on issues ranging from terminations of employment, constructive/summary dismissals, redundancies/lay-offs and disciplinary matters (harassment/victimisation) to general advisory work (employee handbooks, employment contracts, data access requests and health and safety).
Rosie is recognised as a market leading lawyer in various directories, including Chambers Asia Pacific and The Legal 500 Asia Pacific. She is a former director of the Hong Kong Insurance Law Association, a member of the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel and Women’s Law Network.
Rosie is qualified in Hong Kong and England and Wales.
- ‘I have really appreciated working with Rosie Ng for her numerous skills, including availability, proactivity, quality of advice and ability to innovate and propose the right solutions.’ (Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2022)
- ‘Rosie Ng can handle very technical aspects of cases and forensic works, taking a very thorough and in-depth approach to cases.’ (Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2022)
- Rosie Ng represents both policyholders and insurers on insurance and reinsurance dispute resolution mandates as well as more general commercial litigation. She is an expert on financial lines, product liability and property insurance claims. (Chambers Greater China, 2022)
- "She gets to the bottom of a question," a source observes, noting that she "wants to understand the logic and implications." (Chambers Asia Pacific, 2021)
- “Rosie Ng comes highly recommended and ‘provides an excellent service, combining genuine expertise in her specialist field with long practical experience, very sound judgment and commercially-oriented advice, which inspires great confidence in clients’.” (Asia Pacific Legal 500, 2019)
- Rosie Ng is praised for her ‘technical knowledge’ and ability to get ‘straight to the point’.” (Asia Pacific Legal 500, 2018)
- Acting for master policy insurers in respect of product liability claims (US$30million) arising out of an alleged defective industrial component used in the manufacture of an electronic device.
- Advising a number of airlines on a various employment disputes and advising on terminations of employment and mass redundancies and/or lay-offs following the impact of Covid 19.
- Advising international investors in a joint venture project in China in respect of a USD multi-million shareholders’dispute following the issuance of “unfair prejudice” proceedings in the Hong Kong Courts.
- Acting for insurers with regard to a claim arising out of a manufacturers and product liability policy in respect of the alleged defective design and manufacture of construction equipment used on site resulting in a fatal accident.
- Acting on behalf of insurers in respect of a claim made under a Jewellers’ Block policy following the entrustment of diamonds/jewellery to a consignee in Hong Kong.
- Advising on a complex , high value professional negligence claim against one of the Big 4 accountancy firms in Hong Kong and its affiliated office.
- Advising insurers in respect of coverage under a reinsurance treaty where the underlying claims arose out of the travel and cancellation of journies following the Hong Kong protests.
- Advising on coverage in respect of a D&O policy for a Fintech company.
- Advising a director with regard to the defence of an action for alleged breach of fiduciary duties and alleged sale of corporate assets at an undervalue.