Mohamed has advised on a number of large and complex corporate transactions, working with clients operating in the energy, financial services, infrastructure and real estate sectors.
Mohamed is a member of the American Bar Association, the DC Bar Association, and the Illinois State Bar Association. He graduated with a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Illinois College of Law in 2004, a Master of Science from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in 2001, and a BA from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in 1999.
Mohamed is fluent in Arabic, English and proficient in German.
- Advising BLOM Bank SAL in connection with the disposal of a 99.4 per cent stake held in the share capital of BLOM BANK Egypt to Arab Banking Corporation, through a mandatory tender offer.
- Advising a large Saudi IT company on its divestment of shares and restructuring, prior to its listing on Nomu Parallel Market.
- Advising Bank Audi (Egypt), a fully owned subsidiary of Bank Audi, with respect to its agreement with the National Bank of Greece (NBG) on its acquisition of the banking operations of NBG's Egyptian Branch.
- Advising a consortium of financial investors led by Amethis and included SPE AIF I (SPE Capital Partners) and European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), on the acquisition of a 95 per cent stake of GlobalCorp for Financial Services.
- Advising a large US-based oil rig operator on its expansion and restructuring of operations in Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Egypt.
- Advising a large US-based oil and gas service company on the restructuring of its commercial and corporate structure in Kuwait.
- Advising a private equity firm in connection with an equity investment in a major commercial real estate developer.
- Advising an international financial institution in connection with a USD 10 million equity investment in a local electricity meter manufacturer.
- Advising a Gulf real estate company on its co-investment with a global engineering and construction contractor for the development of a real estate project in New Cairo.
- Advising Rohm & Haas (Dow Chemical Company) in the negotiation and structuring of its joint venture (with an estimated capital of USD 787 million) and technology transfer transaction with National Industrialization Company (Tasnee).
- Advising Dow Chemical Company in relation to the construction of an Acrylic Acid Complex (through a consortium that includes Aramco, Dow Chemical Company, SABIC, Evonik Industries and other companies) in Saudi Arabia at an estimated cost of USD 2.1 billion, including advising on the drafting and negotiation of the upstream and downstream agreements relating to the feedstock and its downstream derivatives as well as the construction/projects-related agreements including EPCs, Offtake, Marketing, and Bridging Agreements.
- Advising a multinational company in relation to its contractual restructuring and licensing arrangements with large private companies in Saudi Arabia and Egypt.
- Advising a US-based private company in its USD 240 million acquisition via reverse merger of one of the largest steel producers in the US with operations in several US states.
- Advising a US-based private company in its USD 185 million share acquisition of one of the largest producers of high-grade ferrosilicon in the US with operations in several US states.
- Advising on the bidding and tender offer process of the Saudi Land Bridge Project connecting the eastern provinces of Saudi Arabia with its western provinces via railway.
- Advising Ebara Corporation on its joint venture with Gas Arabian Limited to build and operate facilities in Saudi Arabia for the full spectrum of oil and gas exploration, refining, petrochemical and other process and power applications.