Mark is an Associate in the real estate finance team in our London office having joined the firm in 2021. He has extensive experience in real estate finance, general corporate finance and acquisition financing, including in cross-border contexts.
Mark’s real estate finance experience has covered a variety of industry sectors in both an investment and development context, as well as acting on Islamic finance/conventional hybrid debt structures for both UK and overseas entities.
- Advising a borrower group on its £217m refinance of a luxury apartment development in central London.
- Advising on the refinance of a £20m term facility, in relation to a business park in the South West, on behalf of a high street bank. This included updating the bank's standard terms and completing a wider security restructure for the bank and borrower.
- Advising on a £7m acquisition and development facility for a high street mixed use development on behalf a real estate investment group. The matter involved coordinating both real estate and construction due diligence, advising the lender on overage arrangements being sought by the seller and the security structure for the transaction.
- Advising on a £7m acquisition facility on behalf of a borrower group. This included advising on the refinance of the existing facility and subordinated creditors as well as advising on the new intercreditor structure being implemented for the borrower’s equity financiers.
- Advising on the conventional debt element of a refinance of a London chain hotel as part of a wider Islamic/conventional hybrid debt structure.