Chris’ litigation and dispute resolution practice is concentrated on defence for property and liability insurers, the representation of governance bodies of strata corporations and housing cooperatives, directors’ and officers’ liability, general insurance disputes and professional negligence claims, as well as prosecuting and defending matters involving the automotive industry.
Chris has appeared as legal counsel in the Provincial and Supreme Courts as well as the Court of Appeal. In addition, Chris has represented clients in front of various tribunals on numerous occasions, including the Human Rights Tribunals and the Civil Resolution Tribunal.
Chris is also a frequent contributor of articles noting interesting and industry-specific legal topics for the New Car Dealers of British Columbia and the general automotive industry. Chris also regularly acts as a Moot Court judge at the University of British Columbia and provides pro bono legal services for Access Justice.
Before joining our Vancouver’s office, Chris was active within the aviation industry of British Columbia as both a commercial pilot and a business operator/co-owner of a regional aviation company.
- JD, University of British Columbia (2010)
- BA, Simon Fraser University (1992)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, British Columbia Bar Association
- Automotive Industry: Provides effective solutions across the automotive sector, including: Corporate advice, litigation, and transactions.
- Commercial and Civil Litigation: Appears before all levels of courts and administrative tribunals in British Columbia, bringing to each case a practical and thorough knowledge of litigation, negotiation, mediation and arbitration strategies, tactics and procedures.
- Construction Law: Deals with commercial litigation relating to residential, commercial and industrial construction; contract preparation and the resolution of all types of construction related disputes whether by way of litigation, mediation or arbitration.
- Creditors’ Remedies/Secured Transactions: Provides solutions in securing loans, creditor’s remedies, complex insolvency, and collection problems for both secured and unsecured creditors.
- Directors and Officers Liability: Provides practical legal advice concerning evolving corporate governance standards and how best to avoid legal pitfalls when addressing the long-term strategies of the companies served. Frequently retained to represent D&O liability insurers and their insured companies, directors and officers in the defence of claims brought by shareholders, co-directors, employees and other stakeholders concerning breach of fiduciary duty and breach of trust, oppression, derivative actions, strata governance, human rights complaints and matters concerning statutory compliance.
- Insurance: Provides advice to national and international insurance organizations in respect of the defence of professionals, directors and officers, product liability claims, subrogated actions and coverage. Also, acts as council to all participants in construction projects and their insurers, providing advice under all manner of policies, including professional liability, CGL, Wrap-up, Builder’s Risk, D&O and property policies.
- Strata Governance and Litigation: Advise and help with all aspects of strata property law including Governance, opinions on the Strata Property Act, bylaws and Rules.