Khaled is an Associate with the Commercial Litigation department, having qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales. As part of his training, he previously spent time with the Corporate, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Litigation and Construction teams. Khaled is fluent in Arabic and English and has broad experience dealing with both common law and civil law disputes.
- Drafting advice to a client in respect of its contractual termination rights under five subcontracts for the supply and installation of waterproofing coatings to bridges and other infrastructure.
- Acting for a DIFC-based retrocessionaire in two separate DIFC Court proceedings against Abu Dhabi and Bahraini reinsurers with respect to risks located in KSA, Oman and Turkey.
- Assisting reinsurers in respect of a claim brought by 88 claimants in the Nigerian courts against an insured for approximately USD 2 billion following an oil spill.
- Providing policy coverage advice to (re)insurers in relation to property damage / business interruption claims following the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Assisting on one of the first bankruptcy claims under UAE Bankruptcy Law.
- Defending a law firm in negligence proceedings brought against it in the UAE Courts.
- Defending a USD 60 million DIAC arbitration in relation to a breach of contract claim.